Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Power of Making

"Making is life. It is what I do."

This video, by the Victoria and Albert Museum, is about the human act of creating. The peace and serenity with which these people talk about their craft is that same peace and serenity that I feel when I am engaged in creating. Its hard to articulate because the work itself is the articulation. So, when an artist or craftsman has a hard time telling you about their work, it is usually not for lack of thought or intellect; it is merely that they now must say again, in a less fluid or natural way, what they've already said in their creation.

"I think its really important for people to reengage with actually making things."

Power of Making from Victoria and Albert Museum on Vimeo.

[Thank you to P.B. for sharing this video with me!]

No comments:

Post a Comment