Monday, April 20, 2009

The Readings

Here are some of the pottery books I am reading right now:

The Potter's Challenge
by Bernard Leach
(click book to read more about Bernard Leach)





Functional Pottery: Form and Aesthetic in Pots of Purpose
by Robin Hopper
(click book to learn more about Robin Hopper)







The Craft and Art of Clay
by Susan Peterson
(click book to learn more about Susan Peterson)







I am also hoping to jump into:

Fearless Creating
by Eric Maisel






Art and Fear
by David Bayles and Ted Orland
This book was recommended by my fearless mentor (and former master!! ha!), Mel Jacobson. His work ethic and talent are incredibly inspiring and impressive. I will do a post on him when I feel a little more worthy... I miss you, Mel!



Hopefully, as I read, I can incorporate some of what I am learning into my posts and/or post specifically on interesting tid bits in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment