Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last post from Spain...

Here are some of the things I've been decorating over the last few weeks. Seth uses a cobalt stain and an iron oxide over a white glaze, under a transparent glaze, and under a celadon glaze. He also has a shino, white, and transparent as "raw" glazes (meaning it is used on greenware).

The pictures show my decoration before the firing, obviously. So, the black color you see is the iron oxide (will be brownish/black) and the reddish brown color you see is the cobalt (will be blue).

A Spanish/Moroccan inspired plate with a Sarah twist.



The firing starts tonight. We begin the warming at 7pm and the first stoking shift is at 3am.

This will be my last post from Spain. I have much much more to share and will do it from the comforts of my own home in the States! Adios for now!

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Sarah! Have a safe trip home, we all cannot wait to hear the stories of life lived abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah your pottery is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see it after it is fired! I'm also looking forward to seeing you again! I hope you have a safe trip back. Judy says "hi!". Love, Jina

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see more, read more, and hear more about Spain!

    your dedication to your craft is inspiring Coffin. thanks for letting us be part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete